The Sac and Fox
National Public Library
will be open
Monday - Friday from 8 am to 6pm and
Saturday from 9 am 1 pm
The Library's catalog can be reached at:
Opened in 1987 as
one of the first Tribal libraries in the nation and the only Tribal public
library in Oklahoma. The SFNPL contains more than 6,000 items divided into six
• FICTION – “Easy” for young children who don’t yet read, “Juveniles” for young readers up to age 12, “Young Adult” for age 13 up and “Adult.” Adult fiction contains audio-books and large print for those with eyesight difficulty;
• BIOGRAPHY –- Contains both juvenile and adult books on various individuals;
• NON-FICTION –- Contains both juvenile and adult books on a wide variety of subjects. The SFNPL contains one of the largest non-fiction collections of books on various Native American tribes and issues.
• REFERENCE –- This section is continually updated with current materials that cannot be checked out;
• RESTRICTED –- Contains materials specific to Sac and Fox; most cannot be checked out
• DVDS – Contains more than 900 DVDs (classics and new releases) in circulation.
Hours of Operation
At the current time the Library is open Monday – Friday from 8:00-6:00 and 9:00-1:00 on Saturdays. We do not close for lunch. We are closed for most national holidays and Sac and Fox holidays.
Library Card/Check-out Policy
Anyone who is a member of the Sac and Fox Nation of Oklahoma, a current employee of the nation (regardless of where you physically reside) and/or a person who lives within the jurisdictional boundaries of the Nation which includes the towns of Chandler, Cushing, Agra, Ripley, Davenport, Kendrick, Meeker, Prague, Shawnee (eastern section), Sparks and Stroud. Those unsure whether they reside within the jurisdiction may call the Library. To get a card you must bring something with you that shows your current mailing address (driver’s license, mail, bill, etc.) After completing the form with attached address verification, a patron may check out one item – either a book or DVD. When that item is returned and from that point on a patron may check out three items of any combination (i.e. 1 book and 2 DVDs or 1 book, etc.) The SFNPL charges fines for overdue materials.
The SFNPL holds an anniversary open house cook-out in April during National Library Week. An annual book sale is held in July prior to Pow-Wow. Other activities for children and young people are held on individual basis. Call the Library and watch this website for information regarding activities.
The SFNPL has a small meeting room which may be used by both tribal and non-tribal individuals or groups. There is no cost, but the room must be reserved at least 48 hours in advance. The room can seat up to 20 without tables and approximately 15 with tables.
Application for Use of Facility and Materials
Sac and Fox National Public Library
Stroud, OK 74079
1-918-968-3526, Extension 1061